Old April 15th 05, 06:30 AM
Skywise

"Marco Leon" mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote in :

The guy was calm and cool. I was impressed with his professionalism.
Although, he was too nice and accomodating in my opinion. The Beech
Sierra pilot opted to continue landing/touch-n-go on RWY 32 despite the
winds being lined up directly down RWY 01 at 13 knots. He didn't want to
"shut down" the airport. Nice guy.

After a touch-n-go in an unsuccessful attempt to jar the gear loose, he
went back up and away to keep working on it. The tower set-up a
dedicated freq so he could talk to his mechanic and after some
troubleshooting, decided to come in. However, he decided to stop the
engine on short final to save the prop/engine. I know that's a very
controversial decision (I recall an Avweb article about this) but he did
shut it off and didn't kill himself. Actually, no injuries.

The radio is archived at LiveATC.net (April 14 approx 08:25 thru 09:00
AM).

Marco Leon

Did anyone else hear the pilot holding back a chuckle as he
replied to the souls on board question? "One SOB"

Brian
--
http://www.skywise711.com - Lasers, Seismology, Astronomy

Home of the Seismic FAQ