Old April 16th 05, 06:58 AM
Ben Jackson

On 2005-04-14, Marco Leon wrote:
Although, he was too nice and accomodating in my opinion. The Beech Sierra
pilot opted to continue landing/touch-n-go on RWY 32 despite the winds being
lined up directly down RWY 01 at 13 knots. He didn't want to "shut down" the
airport. Nice guy.

Also, he only had his right main gear, so the crosswind would have
let him land on the right main first. There wasn't much talk toward
the end, so I couldn't really tell if he even kept the partial gear.
Now I'm wondering if my prop would clear the runway if I landed on
one main and the nosegear (although losing one main in a Comanche is
highly unlikely).

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/