Old February 10th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Roger[_4_]

Default If user fees go into effect I'm done

I can not find the initial post on this thread, but...
That said, I would expect if user fees go into effect we will se a lot
of flying outside the system, be it VFR or even IFR and that is not a
good or safe idea.

I'd certainly be tempted to fly VFR outside the system by going
between small airports and staying away from the larger ones unless it
was absolutely necessary. Oh... Wait, I already prefer to fly that
way. :-)) I'd also fly in legally marginal conditions when I'd
otherwise go IFR. I'd not fly IFR outside the system, but I'd bet
there would be many who would. Weather briefings? I'd bet the
weather channel would become real popular if they charge for weather
briefings. VFR flight plans when they charge for them? Yah gotta be
kidding.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com