Old November 5th 08, 05:11 PM posted to sci.energy,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.marketplace,sci.engr.mech
bbrought

Default Dimples On Model Aircraft Could Greatly Extend Range

On Nov 5, 3:16*pm, BobG wrote:
On Nov 5, 4:10*am, bbrought wrote:

pressure drag due to seperated flow and skin friction drag. First, on
majority of the drag is pressure drag due to the flow seperating as it
drag as a smaller region of flow eventually seperates. The drag
Reynolds numbers you sometimes get what is called a "seperation
bubble". While still laminar, the flow seperates, but then it
trailing edge if properly designed. These seperation bubbles are
the point where the flow would have seperated, to prevent the
formation of the seperation bubble. If well designed and placed, you
towards the rear but without the seperation bubble. The overall drag

Remember that separate has a rat in it.

Dammit, I always get it wrong English is my second/third language
and it seems you eventually reach an age where you just stop
improving...