Old February 11th 20, 11:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter F[_2_]

Default larger pilot

It's not an issue for me as I'm 1.75m, but last time I was at Aero Expo the
Schempp rep said the modern non "A" types are good for a 2m pilot.

I.e D2 / V2 b/c

Don't know about the "larger" V3 fuselage

At 01:26 11 February 2020, Michael Opitz wrote:
At 14:04 10 February 2020, Michael Opitz wrote:
At 07:45 10 February 2020, wrote:
Hi, I'm 6'6" and 240 pounds and new to soaring. I've been looking
at the possibilities open to me after I finish training and all single
seaters have a cockpit rated to 110 kg, i.e. a 10 kilo allowance for a
chute and a pilot around 100 kilo's max. As I am well over the limit
with a chute is there any way out of this other than to start dieting?
Regards Mark

It is my understanding that this limit is due to the strength of the
harness attachment points (including those in 2-seaters as well).
IIRC, there are a few newer gliders that may have the option of a
BRS (Ballistic Recovery System - a chute that recovers the whole
glider), which would allow you to use the seat without actually
wearing a chute. This will probably be an expensive solution
though, depending on your available budget.

RO

I'm thinking that a Genesis would do the trick if you can find one.
Very large cockpit with a BRS too.

RO