Old February 9th 04, 06:28 PM
Kirk Stant

Default Looking for a PZL compass

I'm looking for a PZL KI-13A compass to replace mine that has become
almost unuseable - the plastic window has clouded and the numbers
cannot be read very easily anymore (understatement!).

Anyone out there have one sitting on a shelf gathering dust? I know,
what do I need a compass for...well, my equipment list says I need
one, and being an old Air Force navigator I kind of like having it
there to remind me of how horrible it was in those pre-GPS days!

And the little KI-13A is the only compass I can squeeze onto my LS6
panel (I refuse to put one on top, where it hides the towplane, and
makes reflections in the canopy).

I checked all the US and Canadian dealers - no luck. Either they are
really popular, or really crap and aren't made anymore! And the
manufacturer in Poland won't answer my emails to them, despite a nice
website showing the compass in all it's glory (at
http://www.pzl.com.pl/en/produkty.html).

Anyway, can anyone help? How about it, Janusz, how about waking up
your countymen and tell them to answer their mail?

Kirk
Off to the gliderport to wax my wings