Old April 7th 05, 11:33 PM
Matt Whiting

Lakeview Bill wrote:

"The official was questioned and released, and NO CHARGES WERE FILED IN THE
INCIDENT."

While the PIC has full control over the flight, in this instance, we have
seen no evidence that the PIC was involved in the action.

And absent specific instructions from the PIC, I think it is quite possible
that a flight standards manager could very well trump a flight attendant.

I don't see that being reasonable at all. An FAA manager has no
authority on a civilian operated airliner.

Just a guess, but I imagine that the situation escalated because of some
sort of interpersonal issues between the FAA official and the FA.

As an analogy, scale the incident down to where it involves an off-duty
policeman in plain clothes riding on a city bus when an altercation broke
out. If you were on the bus, wouldn't you want the cop to trump the bus
driver in handling the situation?

This isn't even close to an analogy. A police officer has law
enforcement authority, an FAA manager has no such authority.

Frankly, none of us can make any sort of judgment regarding the situation
based on the information we have seen here; we simply aren't given all of
the facts.

And I think that the whole purpose of the original post was to feed those
who hate the FAA.

I thought it was to show that even an FAA manager isn't above the law.

Matt