Old April 11th 05, 01:30 AM
Andy

Default Flying Club Features

What do you look for in a flying club? I am currently an officer in a
flying club and we are having trouble recruiting new members. What
would make you want to join a club?

I feel that our prices are the main deterrent. Students (this is a
school club) pay $60/hr for a C172 (dry), alumi pay $70, and all others
pay $80. This is for a 1998 in good condition. The instructors
usually give club members a reduced price (around $20/hr). The current
club members will also loan out all training materials to further
reduce the cost.

Our only current activites are tower tours and fly-with-me weekends.
We are in the planning stages for $100 hamburger runs with potential
members.

We are starting to look into purchasing a smaller plane (152/Warrior?)
to further reduce the costs. Has this approach worked well for other
clubs?

What other suggestions can you come up with?