Old September 26th 05, 09:40 PM
Rob

Peter R. wrote:
Will pulling the unit from the power supply cause it to revert back to its
factory-set defaults?

Side question: How does one intentionally reset a garmin 430 to
factory defaults? There must be some "three-fingered-salute" or key
combination at power-on that does this but I can't find it in the
manual. I just got mine a few months ago. When I first got it, it was
in "East is up" mode. Not North. Not track. I figured that one out.
Also, when I go to the "nearest airports" page, it's always empty. Not
a major inconvenience yet, but I'd like the information to be there
should I really need it someday. The nearest NDBs, VOR's, FSS, Center,
etc. lists are all populated, but nearest airport is empty. I'm
thinking somewhere in the setup is a radius setting for nearest
airports that's set way too small, but I'd like to just reset my 430
and start from scratch. Anyone know how?

-R