Old October 18th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Vince

Default "First Ospreys Land In Iraq; One Arrives After 2 Setbacks"

Tiger wrote:
Peter Skelton wrote:
On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:53:09 -0400, Tiger
wrote:

The Media bashing of the V-22 is getting old. The B-58 had more
accidents than the v-22 ever had. Other programs have had troubled
histories: F4U, F7U, F-104, AV-8,etc...

Sure, but how many went decades and billions in development for
roles which are only moderately useful or better done by other
means?

The reason the bashing is getting old is the stubborness of the
program, not unfairness by the media.

Peter Skelton

Granted it's been a pricey ride. However I think the big hurtles are
past. I'd still take my chances with the V-22 over a flying Greyhound
bus with rotors. The tilt rotor is a tech leap that has no real turnback.

All transports are greyhound busses

That is the mission

The V-22 is right up there with the amphicar , the battleship/carrier
and other hybrids
It has to convert to a really crappy helicopter to take off or land

Vince