Old November 29th 12, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

Default Strut on Cobra trailer

On Thursday, November 29, 2012 4:28:46 AM UTC-8, K wrote:
I have a 1999 Cobra trailer (Recently purchased). I believe the strut on the tongue is due for a service because it moves so easily that you can almost not back up because the brakes are applied. I looked for a lockout (Like on my old trailer and I could not find one. Can these struts be serviced or rebuild or do I need to order an entire new one. Ive been on the Williams site and did not find a rebuild kit.

Thanks

Kirk

Hmmm,
I was under the assumption that preventing braking while backing up was acomplisher in the brake design.....ie. at the wheel on a Cobra trailer. The gas strut allows braking, it just modulates the application to prevent slamming on full braking. I'd pull a wheel and drum and take a look at the brake pads, return springs and other goodies in there.
JJ