Old October 21st 04, 05:38 PM
Dave

Go to someone else. I know people without multi ratings at all are
being insured in C-310's. The tipoff is the Seneca vs. C-310
comparison - the C-310 is definitely a more demanding airplane.

Michael

I've been with my agent for a while, and she's pretty thorough. I'm
going to Action Multi Ratings in Groton, CT. Many other pilots I know
have gone through there. The training is all in a Seneca I for about
$1500, which includes books, ground school, wet rental, instructor and
the checkride. That's a good deal, in my opinion, especially because
there are at least 5 other pilots I know that did it and raved about
the program there.

I'd love to know the companies that are insuring twins to owners with
0 time, provisioning that they fly with an instructor for X hours.
They may have existed in the past, but I have a feeling they're far
and few between now, and probably have some pretty crappy premiums.