Old May 8th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Garmin updates

Dico wrote:
Do the 430/530 cross fill to the 480 as well?

Don't know from personal experience, but I don't think so.

Also, I read somewhere that the 480 doesn't have to be updated
regularly to be current -- as long as the airports you've filed for are
up to date in your 480. Is that correct?

The answer is specific to the aircraft in which it's installed. The requirement
for a current database is spelled out in the Approved Flight Manual Supplement
that gets added to your POH when you do the install. The AFMS boilerplate that
comes with the 480, which is what gets sent to OK City for the approval, has
words to the effect that the database entries for the approaches in use have to
be verified current by the pilot. That's probably what you meant. Has nothing to
do with filing.