Old December 28th 19, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Default FAI ratifies records of illegal flights.

Jan:
Neither I nor any other reader can determine (without formal research) between your version of SC3 as applicable (in which case I agree the certification would not comply) or Tango's version of SC3 (in which case the certification would comply). More important, none of us have seen the documents that the pilot and OO actually signed. I do know however (from my own experience in claiming records in South Africa), that the process is exacting, requires more analysis than just the pilot and OO signatures, and that the subject record application would have been reviewed (and in some instances recalculated) by all of the South African NAC, the Dutch NAC and the FAI. For this flight, all three allowed what became a Dutch, South African, and African Continental record.

Perhaps you could explain why you appear obsessed with questioning a record award from 4 years ago?
ROY