Old October 6th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_12_]

Default How to Remove Piston from Cylinder

Paul Dow (Remove Caps in mail address) wrote:
Hello Walter,

Thank you for that link. I wasn't aware that it is on the web. My friend
didn't have the parts manual. He does have the 6 cylinder model, so that
information should be very useful to us.

Also, it looks like your posting did appear in the newsgroup. I think
some newsgroup servers don't update very quickly.

It looks like the messages on the newsgroup have migrated to a
discussion about explosives now :-)

Paul

You say that like it's a bad thing. Explosives can come in handy.
Example your starter dies, hand propping isn't working and you want to
crank the engine, just remove a spark plug, put a handful of black
powder in the cylinder, insert fuse and rag to act as a plug, light fuse
and hop in. Explosives can also be used for emergency tire inflation.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired