Old October 11th 15, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy

Default Auto-Towing - why is this not more popular?

http://www.ssa.org/Archive/ViewIssue...onth=10&page=1

This is a article in soaring by Tom Hardy. it describes his experience gathering a group of students and doing low level auto tows runs up and down the runway at a low flight level. I remember reading this when it first came out and was impressed at how much fun it seemed and and quick way to get alot of budding pilots stick time. I met and flew with Mr Hardy in Marfa back in the late 90's. He was quite elderly at the time yet drove there alone, rigged and flew, I was impressed.