Old May 11th 05, 10:49 AM
samcapt

I do know one thing, I highly disagree with students being allowed to
conduct stall training on solo flights in the C-150/C-152

his aircraft is spin-happy.

pittss1c wrote:
The subject is obviously a joke.
Before the alarmists continue on about over stressing the plane for

the
next pilot, how many unexplained structural failures (or fatigue
failures) do you find in the accident database for 150s? Is this the
first you ever heard of someone doing mild acro in a 150/2? I would

be
willing to bet that that many seasoned acro nuts here have performed

maneuver not necessary for normal operation in a non-aerobatic

airplane.
(maybe it was just a steep wingover)

Sure, it isn't smart, but unfortunately it is quite a common
characteristic of otherwise reasonably smart pilots.

Leave it at, it's dumb and you might get yourself killed.
Of course, plenty of people get themselves killed in acro rated

airplanes.

Mike