Old January 20th 07, 12:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Default Planes On Poles, pt 3 - Ki 43 Philippines.jpg (1/1)

"Alan" wrote in
:

I contacted an old friend that was stationed at Subic Bay from 60-63,
66-69, and in and out of there in 80-82. All he remembers seeing was
an F-8 Crusader. Is there anyone out there that can shed light on
where this aircraft may have been displayed? Perhaps what was at one
time Clark AFB? I have to ask, knowing the hatred the Filipino people
had for the Japanese after the war, why the Philippine gov't would
allow or the US military presume it OK to put, this aircraft up on
display. This rare relic now could very well be nothing more than old
cooking pots or Jeepney fenders but I am interested in its eventual
fate. The engine alone is worth a small fortune

Paul Allen's Flying Heritage Museum has a Ki-43 awaiting restoration, wonder
if it might be the same one?

Take a look at some of the other gems in the collection:

http://www.flyingheritage.com/Templa...px?contentId=2