Old April 22nd 07, 06:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jose

Default localizer approach and gs intercept altitude

For example, on this approach: http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0704/00446I20.PDF
You may not descend below 2200' until after crossing WESIE.

That doesn't make much sense to me. Since at WESIE, if you are on the
glideslope, you are at 1862, you'd be intercepting the glide slope from
above, which is a Bad Thing. Granted, you're probably only four or five
dots high (guessing from the graph) but it's still high.

Also, the underlined 2200 at teh lightining bolt is not at WESIE, it is
at the point where the slope of the course line in the glideslope view
changes. This implies to me that you can descend below 2200 once you
intercept the glide slope, and at WESIE you can expect to be at 1862.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.