Old August 15th 16, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morgan[_2_]

Default Cobra Gas Struts

Most likely, if you look on the metal triangle inside your trailer where the strut attaches, there will be an 1100 or some such number written down. That is the Newtons value of the spring you need.

I just ordered a replacement from Wings and Wheels. I'm sure you could figure out a replacement other than buying the exact model from W&W, but it was easier to just place the order and be done with the issue.

Morgan

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 10:42:15 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I have a fiberglass top Cobra and need the correct size to order. Can't seem to read the strut number or force. Anyone have an idea what I need to order from Easylift?

Thanks,

Tim Hanke
Saratoga Springs, NY

On Friday, April 17, 2015 at 1:25:15 AM UTC-4, BG wrote:
Easylift has been a great resource for every strut in my DG 800 and cobra trailer.

The notation inside your trailer top written in a Sharpie pen give you the extended length and force in Newtons.

BG

n Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 3:20:21 PM UTC-7, Jim wrote:
On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 6:21:43 AM UTC-4, Karl Striedieck wrote:
On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 10:22:52 AM UTC-4, Karl Striedieck wrote:
Anyone out there have a source for Cobra trailer gas struts in the US?

The trailer has an aluminum top and holds the Duo stab and wing tips.

Two numbers have been written on the inside of the trailer next to the struts: 455 and 1100.

Thanks

Karl Striedieck

I checked McMaster Carr and Grainger who offer a huge selection of gas struts, but none come close to the specs needed. Almost all are too small and the various other dimensions would have to be just right.

Meanwhile, I've borrowed a strut from an idle Arcus trailer until my new struts (from Spindleberger) arrive on a container in a month.

Thanks for all the input!

Karl,
Save time AND money and just call EasyLift in FL. Tell them the force, fastener type (eyelet,etc) and open&closed length.
Bansbach Easylift of North America, Inc.
50 West Drive
Melbourne, FL 32904
Tel (321) 253-1999
Fax (321) 253-5546