Old January 14th 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default F-15 Breakup Animation & video

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

I hope this means accelerated funding and deployment of the F-22 and
F-35, but I fear otherwise.

Why would you fear otherwise? If the Air Force winds up grounding a
large enough number of F-15's, they may not have an option *but* to
increase production.

Because the draw-down of our Air Force since the end of the Cold War
has been steep and continuous. Some are even suggesting that it be
re-combined with the army, since it has become prohibitively expensive
to maintain it as a separate force at its current size.

This type of precipitous disarmament happened after World War I, and
as a result we were woefully unprepared for what followed.

Untrue.

a new generation -- apparently ignorant of history

And you right up there at the front...

Bertie