Old September 19th 09, 09:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustY ©

Default A question for the photogrphy experts

"Indrek Aavisto" wrote in message
I have been going through the pictures that I took at the Duxford airshow,
and am struck by how many of the airborne shots came out fuzzy.

There are lots of things that could cause this (most probably incorrect
panning) but I must mention the lens. I use Canon IS and find that this can
give problems with panned shots. It usually gives itself away by having one
side of the picture sharp and the other a little soft. So do your tests with
the VR switched off as well. I now often have IS off for panning shots, only
using it when I have forgotten to turn it off. At Duxford you would
probably use 160th/sec so 'one shot' AF would be more than adequate and on a
fair day I would also have the camera in manual mode, only using the TTL
metering if the aircraft are moving in and out of shade. Hope this helps -
it works for me (sometimes!).