Old May 18th 17, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

Default Clueless news reporting

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 9:12:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:
It's pretty bad reporting, but I don't think anything will ever top
this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmclgO6w0C0

Yeah, that has to be very near the top for all time bad reporting. "No
time to fact check. We have to be the ones to break the story!"

Chortle - that's the sort of thoughtless gaffe that makes me give thanks for
being alive to be able to savor such a once-in-a-lifetime event! As for fact
checking, according to *them* they *did*...and the NTSB confirmed it. Who are
we to not believe "official news media" *and* "our government?"

Maybe in my lifetime there'll even be a few Koreans saddled with "the Jeff
Foxworthy gene" who'll learn to appreciate the mordant humor. (Which, in my
piloting book, is more accurately interpreted as "crew-specific" than "overtly
racist"... Mea culpa!)

Bob W.