Old December 15th 03, 01:27 PM
Model Flyer

"Boelkowj" wrote in message
One of these days I will need to do a "top end" and wondering if

higher
compression cylinders would be a way to go. That way I would feel

more
comfortable using 100LL since my source of 80 octane is no longer

available
here. Would I also expect a little more horse power? Thanks

That's one of the engines that run's OK on Mogas, no need for using
avgas unless it's cheaper than mogas or you need to fly higher than
5,000 feet. Another consideration is your fuel system, if it's
designed so badly that you get vapour lock with mogas then you'll
have to stick to avgas, plays hell on your oil, you get a gray sludge
from the lead content.
--
---
Cheers,