Old August 7th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default what went wrong

"Dick" wrote in message
Having spent 4-1/2 hours removing and 1 hour replacing a leaking split
seal on the front of my flanged crankshaft C-85 , my first flight today
still shows leakage....

Never really doing those old Chevy two part split seals well, I guess I'm
still inept G.

I think I'll be able to better the aforementioned time durations but would
appreciate any hints at doing a better job this time.

Thanks, Dick

OK, I aint no A&P...

but, what kind of shape is the crankshaft surface in?

Is the crankcase vent flowing without obstruction?

What did you use to re-install the new seal?

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com