Old November 29th 11, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default M-Nav

On Nov 29, 12:47*pm, wrote:
Hello everyone.
New to the group. I have a Pegasus that hasn't flown in many years and
I'm getting her ship-shape after a new annual and a clean bill-of-
health. The glider has an older M-Nav50 computer and I was wondering
if anyone can tell me something about these computers, i.e., what
functions does it perform (speed to fly, best glide, etc.), I'm also
wondering if I can interface this old a model to any current PDA,
etc., or will there be compatibility issues? I guess I'm trying to
assertain whether it's worth saving, or should I bite the bullet and
buy a new one. I'd like to try to make it work, at least for the time
being. I don't fly competitions....it would mainly be for XC. Thanks.
Dave

Try it and see how it works. It may well be jusy fine.
If the vario and audio work, use it till you find what you want to
move up to.
If you're cleaning up an old ship, you likely have more important
things to do.
You don't need fancy glide computers to have fun going cross country-
we did it for a long time.
Good luck.
UH