Old April 8th 19, 05:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Any date-related GPS problems seen today?

Hi,

I don't think the problem has to do with a particular GPS powering-up and locking-onto satellites. I think the issue has to do with the date logged in a flight log file. Both the filename date and the date in the file would be off if the unit has an issue. So a test would need to include a test drive or flight.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

On Sunday, April 7, 2019 at 10:19:26 PM UTC-5, 2KA wrote:
I have a pretty good collection of old GPS junk, and so far everything has survived:
- My old Volkslogger still works
- I have an ancient Garmin GPS V that came up no problem
- A bit more modern stuff like the Garmin GPS 296 and 396 had no issues
- PowerFlarm had no problem

I haven't yet been able to test the old mouse-style Garmin GPS 20. I think that one might be the most vulnerable, because of its . I think it also lacks a backup battery to store the date.

Lynn