Old April 12th 11, 10:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Clarke[_2_]

Default PZL EZS-3 Turn and slip

At 08:40 12 April 2011, StaPo wrote:
On 11 dub, 22:15, UncleMart wrote:
Has anyone got the connection details please ?...
There is a 3 pin connector on the rear - It is also labled 4v =A040ma
any help appreciated

I have the same unit,
internally modified by previous glider owner to 12V by serial resistor
(unit was formerly designed to be powered by 4.5V standard "flat" 3
cell zinc-carbon battery).
Works fine now. I do not remember pin assignment, my small mating
connector
was already equipped with red and blue wires, then installation was
easy.
But if I remember well, the rear sheetmetal cover (with connector) is
easily dismountable,
then remove it and look for color wire coding and pin assignment
there :-).

Or simply get 3x1.5v carbon batteries wired up and apply the wires to
pairs of the pins in turn to see which ones work. Difficult to see how you
could damage it by doing this.

But do make sure the polarity is correct. Our glider got returned from
maintenance some years ago with the polarity reversed. Discovered that in
the middle of a cloud after climbing a thousand feet or so, amazing how a
pilot's brain works...