Old May 24th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Default Engine-out procedures and eccentric forces on engine pylons

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Long ago it occurred to me that a twin-engine jet running with one
engine out might be putting tremendous eccentric stress on the plyon
and mounting of the running engine (meaning stress not aligned with
the normal thrust vector of the engine). Today it occurred to me that
this might not be true if the pilots adjust the attitude of the
aircraft so that it is flying straight forward. The adjustments would
create opposing forces that not only keep the aircraft in level flight
but also realign the stress on the running engine, as if there were
still two engines and symmetric forces on the pylons.

Does this make sense?

Nope, pretty much the same as everythign else you post.

Bertie