Old June 19th 09, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vaughn

Default Flight simulator

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

I know most people hate Google Groups

You can count me in that group.

I in fact would recommend Google Groups for Usenet if people have an
ISP problem with access. It's a free reader and for some that's a big
plus.

Hey! Use what you like! For me, it is not just a matter of filtering
the nitwits. Google Groups serves as an easy pathway for spammers. At a
wild guess, 90% of the spam you see on Usenet comes through Google Groups,
and Google could care less. Those of us using NNTP servers and news readers
are spared much of that spam, both from the filtering the NNTP folks do and
from a few obvious filters that anyone can set in their news reader. I
can't help you on the Apple reader, but access to an NNTP server is neither
hard to find nor expensive. Just see my sig file.

Vaughn

.................................................. .......
Nothing personal, but if you are posting through Google Groups I may not
receive
your message. Google refuses to control the flood of spam messages
originating
in their system, so on any given day I may or may not have Google blocked.
Try
a real NNTP server & news reader program and you will never go back. All
you
need is access to an NNTP server (AKA "news server") and a news reader
program.
You probably already have a news reader program in your computer (Hint:
Outlook
Express). Assuming that your Usenet needs are modest, use
http://www.cnntp.org/
and/or, http://news.aioe.org/ and/or http://www.motzarella.org/ and/or
https://www.x-privat.org/index.php for free, and/or
http://www.teranews.com/ for a one-time $3.95 setup fee. Newsguy,
http://www.newsguy.com/ offers a variety of reasonably priced services. If
you
wish to experiment with real Usenet access, they will give you a free 2-day
trial account.