Old July 18th 05, 03:51 AM
john smith

My nose says it's just a good bit of marketing spin.
I tend to buy good sunglasses and I like them, but to be quite honest I
can't tell much of a visual difference between my $100 Ray-Bans, my
$300 Maui Jims, and my $15 gas station backups, and I have pretty sharp
20/20 vision.
The Maui Jims are great for fishing because the polarization is really
good but for the same reason I can't wear them while flying floats, for
which I have the Ray-Bans. Some people swear by the various Oakley
colored lenses but I've never really gone down that road as I've
already invested enough in shades for one decade.

Raybans are no longer the product they once were.
When Luxotica bought the brand, they reduced the warranty to uselessness.
When Bosch&Lomb owned the brand, the warranty was lifetime, and they
honored it.