Old May 6th 05, 02:48 PM
Peter R.

Tom Fleischman k wrote:

I don't think I ever said that I assumed that.

I don't think I ever made any statement about who was manipulating the
controls on the approach. I have no idea about that.

Sorry, I thought this statement, "calm down the student pilot in the right
seat," was an implication that the student pilot was flying.

Back when I was a student pilot, one of my early instructors demonstrated a
spin to me in a C152. If there were a flying moment that would cause a
student pilot to panic, this would have been it. Instead, I remained
naively calm and jovial. My point is simply that there are probably many
student pilots who have too much trust in their instructors and do not
realize the actual risk in which they are placed.

In this accident, it *seems* logical to me that the instructor would have
been flying this particular approach. Again, I cannot imagine any student
pilot being capable of flying an approach in actual conditions, nor an
instructor allowing a pre-PPL to do so. Most likely, the NTSB will not be
able to conclude who was actually flying the approach so we will never
know.

--
Peter