Old December 24th 04, 04:37 PM
Icebound

"John Bell" wrote in message
m...
I installed FS 9 (2004) on a new laptop and the instrument panel will not
show. Here is a link to a screen captu
http://www.cockpitgps.com/fsproblem.jpg.

My computer is an eMachines 5405, here are the details:
http://www.emachines.com/support/sup...prodName=M5405

I have tried different resolutions and I still get the problem.
Interestingly enough, the problem is only with the main instrument panel.
The radio stack works and the virtual cockpit works as well as all the
other views.

I am betting on an incompatibility with the laptop's current video setup
(card, drivers).

Make sure you update directX and the "correct" video drivers.

Have you tried removing "hardware acceleration" on the laptop's video
settings, which may help isolate the problem?

Have you tried unchecking stuff and moving the sliders back, on the
Settings - display - hardware tab?

In another forum, but posted almost a year ago, I found this quote in
response to the exact same problem:
.... This is a known problem with FX5xxx cards. I had the same exact problem.
D/L the 54.03 drivers from www.3dguru.com ...