Old September 12th 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default NEW PANEL DISPLAY COMPARISON

On Sep 12, 1:50*pm, "Tim Mara" wrote:
but...the LX Map doesn't require a track ball, a separate remote control, or
an expensive and clumsy stick grip...it's an all inclusive touch screen
display, you're looking at what you want to select..not looking off in the
cockpit for a separate control and then back to the screen to make the
changes...and with it's own internal GPS ...mount it and fly.. but everyone
will choose what devices they want and what features they desire..all are
good for today's technology...what comes later will again make these all
obsolete again )
also you need to update your data for supported software since the LX Map is
running SeeYou Mobile (PNA version)
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website atwww.wingsandwheels.com

"Richard" wrote in message

On Sep 12, 8:15 am, "Paul Remde" wrote:

Hi Richard,

Well done. However, LX told me that the LX Map is 800 x 480 pixels. I
played with one and I agree with that data.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Richard" wrote in message

I have had many inquiries for information comparing the Craggy Aero
Ultimate with the competition.

Please see for the comparison.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm

http://www.craggyaero.com/User%20Gui...0Ultimate%20Se....

Richard
www.craggyaero.com-Hide quoted text -

I will change the resolution figures. *But if you have a touch screen
overlay, as on the LX Map it is poor in the sun compared to the
Ultimate.
Checkout the pictures of the Ipaq 310, Ipaq 47xx *and these are not
even in bright sunlight. *The LX Map is similar.

One prominent *display manufacturer told me that if you want to ruin a
display for sunlight put a touch screen on it.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm

Richardwww.craggyaero.com- Hide quoted text -

Tim,

The LX Map is not a SeeYou Mobile supported device. Please see the
naviter site.

http://www.naviter.si/component/opti...8/topic,3506.0

As far as touch screen input. Almost everyone knows how to use a
mouse. The ball track or USB touch pad offered with the Ultimate are
much easier to use in the cockpit or in turbulence than a hand with a
pen. Most do not look at their mouse to control a PC. The same is
true of the Ultimate a mouse arrow is on the screen.

After 220 hours flying with the Ultimate this summer, I can assure you
that the ball track mouse is much easier to use than a touch screen.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com