Old October 4th 18, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Shooting down UAVs

A few years back, while flying our Pipistrel Sinus (long since gone) on
downwind, we were hit from the left side by something.Â* I suspect it was
a drone operated by one of the Google geeks that infested our field
before they gave up and went back to California (leaving behind a $many
millions building on the field).Â* The left door was caved in on my lap
and I had to hand the ship over to my wife while I muscled the door out
of the way of my controls.Â* After landing I found a scuff mark on the
window but no biological matter.

On 10/4/2018 8:23 AM, AS wrote:
https://techcrunch.com/2018/10/04/de...es/?yptr=yahoo

I just hope that there is some kind of training involved for the guys doing the shooting so they can tell the difference between a true UAV and a glider. Drones or UAV do not necessarily come in the shape of a quad-copter.
The story of the trigger-happy sheriff in SC comes to mind.

Uli
'AS'

--
Dan, 5J