Old July 10th 03, 10:16 PM
David Megginson

"Guy Elden Jr." writes:

Oh I probably don't need to be wooed... I'm pretty much sold on it
based purely on speed. I'd like to be able to fly down to Atlanta
and back for weekend visits with the family from time to time, and
it seems that this plane would be ideal for that.

If what you're interested in is just speed, rather than a flashy
panel, why not consider a 25-year-old Mooney 201? It's only 10 kt
slower than a new SR22 (170 ktas vs. 180 ktas), but will cost 1/3 the
price or less, so you can own the whole plane instead of just a share.
It also burns only 10 gph at 75%, vs. 16-17 gph for the SR22, and has
a smaller engine (i.e. cheaper maintenance and overhauls), so you'll
be able to afford to fly more.

All the best,

David

--