Old September 24th 04, 02:26 AM
UltraJohn

Ahhh...small but not insignificant question here.....have you taken
the time to do a power loading analysis? Most Cubs that I know of
don't have either the battery or generator capacity to that much of a
load for any length of time.
Just for a data point, my Motorola VHF rig is 45 watt minimum, but
requires a 30 amp breaker.

Craig C.

What is it a tube type final? 45 watt should only require about 60 watt
input for the final plus maybe another 20 watt for the rest of the rig
including drivers (if it's transistor). That's less than 7 amps give it at
least 50% cushion would be around 10 amps so why 3 times the current for
the breaker?
John