Old June 26th 04, 06:19 PM
Carl Orton

Default Logging Time Consistently - Hobbs AND Tach

I, like most (assuming) started logging their flight hours based on Hobbs
time.

I recently purchased a plane that does not have a Hobbs, but does have a
digitial count-up timer. For consistency with my previous logged time, is
there any issue of logging via the timer time as opposed to using the tach
time?

I know the FARs say I don't have to log except for currency or new ratings,
but I log every flight regardless. Guess what I'm saying is that since most
of my flights are ~2.0 hrs clock time cross countries, but 1.? tach time,
and since I'm working on my 50hrs cross-country for IFR reasons, I can get
there just a bit quicker using wall time as opposed to tach time.

Any issues I should be aware of?

Thanks;
Carl