Old September 23rd 05, 08:16 PM
abripl

"abripl"'s solution of an electric drive, especially if it's
away from the engine, is alright as long as he doesn't intend to fly
IFR, unless he has a vacuum-driven turn coordinator.

Actually it was not a solution for my vaccum pump but I simply went to
an electric horizon - removing the vacuum. I only use the electric
horizon (plus altimeter and speed ind.) as backup. I use Dynon's
EFIS-D10 for my primary flight instruments - and have the necessary IFR
certifications. You can see the panel on bottom of
http://www.abri.com/sq2000/choices.html