Old November 14th 03, 04:47 PM
John Beadles

(Michael Petukhov) wrote in message . com...
(John Beadles) wrote in message om...
(Michael Petukhov) wrote in message
Thanks, although I think I have seen this image before. It is not
detailed enough for any pro or contra judgement. Additionaly this data
does not contradict to my theory that US did send and soft landed
a sort of automatic probe equipped with TV rebroadcaster to show
overexcited US public the "moon" pictures from an earth studio.
Although clearly given level of that time technology this achiement
by itself was, no doubts, a huge success.

Michael

I'm curious about this mythical automated probe that could have taken
the place of the Apollo LEMs. Since *EVERY* launch in that time
period has been publically identified (the US having no capability to
launch heavy boosters in any form of secret fashion),

And why is that? You have little respect to USA.

To the contrary, I simply have sufficient knowledge of the american
countryside and space program to know that there was no way to perform
space launches that big such no hint of them has leaked out in 40
years. Even the Soviets couldn't pull that off from Pletsetsk.

In the US there were and still are) only a limited number of launch
facilities that can process launch vehicles of that size, all
surrounded by populated areas. The US was and is sufficiently
populated that any launch from a remote area could not be hidden. It
might be conceivably possible to build a remote launch pad outside the
country (not for a Saturn V), but then you still have to get the
launch vehicle in the country, and those aren't available on every
street corner.

where could such
an automated probe have come from?

No idea.

What was it launched on?

Obviousely on Saturn V

How could this be even conceivably possible? The launch vehicle
stacking and checkout procedures were not military secrets. There
were innumerable technicians involved, and yet no hint of the security
measures that would be necessary to install, test and fly the mythical
lander without the secret leaking out immediately. Also there is no
hint of the hardware adaptations that would be necessary to fit such a
lander to the spacecraft.

When was
it launched?

A good question. I do not know. There were several official NASA
automatic and "manned" Moon missions. In fact one successful
landing of automatic probe with rebroadcaster was enough to
for the Appolo program. BTW this explains rate of success for Appolo
missions. Given Appolo 13 was a sort intertaining TV program
the rate of success was 100%. If they had to land rebroadcaster
every time there would be much less than that.

Yes, there were several such missions, but I fail to see how one such
successful one would have sufficed to fake the rest. How could this be
done? Please give me some detail so we can look for fingerprints of it
actually happening.

What was it?

Personally I think it was something based on Surveyor design.

No doubt.