Old November 23rd 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Kimmel

Default Anyone preserved a bare fuselage? Cosmoline?

Michael Horowitz wrote:

Stealth - recall that what I'm doing is sandblasting/wirebrushing a
small section at a time and coming back to it a month later to do
another small section. The turp/oil mix is to protect the surface
until the whole fuselage is blasted/brushed at which time I'll remove
the turp/oil mix and apply (probably) two part epoxy. So to answer
your query, after blasting/brushing, no, it will be frosty steel color
- Mike

If you're blasting a small section at a time, why don't you just prime it as you go along, then touch it up when it's done? The paint
will stick a lot better to freshly blasted metal and you'll save yourself a lot of work.

--
John Kimmel

I think it will be quiet around here now. So long.