Old April 21st 04, 01:55 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"Dennis O'Connor" wrote in message
Many news organizations require you to subscribe in order to read... Both
Google News and MSN news will post links that run you into that... I
personally will not sign up on any site for any reason - ymmv

As more and more online news sources are going that way my lo-tech New York
Times paper that arrives on my driveway every morning looks better and
better. Lately, between incredible spam and having to register and sign up
for everything, I find myself online less and less.

Clearly, online news and other information has value. However, I believe
many information sources have an inflated sense of what that value is. If I
go to the library and every time I wanted to pick up a paper or magizine
from the periodicals rack I had to fill out a form (like the online ones) I
sure would be discouraged from browsing, yet that what the internet is
coming to.