Old July 20th 03, 05:50 PM
F.L. Whiteley

I also recall some wet years in the UK, following the Mt St Helens and Mt
Pinatubo eruptions. This time around, I don't seem to recall any massive
eruptions filling the atmosphere with dust in the northern hemisphere.

Frank Whiteley

"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in message
http://www.whoi.edu/institutes/occi/...uptclimate.htm ?

Don't wish to be an alarmist, but NE US and UK and the Euro Continent will
be among the first to know if this is the trend.

"tango4" wrote in message
Anywhere but the UK! It has been a particularly bad season here

weatherwise.

Ian

"mosquito" wrote in message
I learned to fly in the UK, but haven't flown for 5 years or so.
I'm (was) solo, with approx 40 hrs - mainly local thermal soaring
within gliding range of my home field.

This was all on ASK-13's. I think in the US most clubs use
glass gliders.

Anyway, I want to get current again, and I'm looking to take an
intensive refresher course to get back to solo. Could you recommend
any facilities/clubs in either Europe or the US that offer training.

I was looking for places in Arizona but they don't seem to offer
much instruction. A place in N. California at Hollister looks good
but that's a long way from the UK.

Spain or France perhaps? Comments welcome.