Old July 7th 08, 11:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

Default Landings Carthage, Jackson and Madison MS - Video

On Jul 7, 12:16*pm, Clark wrote:
More_Flaps wrote in news:2b709d3b-fa90-4373-a3e8-
:

On Jul 7, 8:22*am, Clark wrote:
More_Flaps wrote in news:1d23a864-9d7f-4d01-ac12-
:

On 2008-07-06, B A R R Y wrote:
You've NEVER had the bar slip past the next (or all the way to the
floor) notches? *You know, your finger has a touch of pressure on

*th
button?

This happened to me on my Archer checkout with the club's chief

pilo
CFI. I just pulled the first notch back in while holding pitch
attitude
, and
wiped away the sudden sweat. Keep flying the airplane, and it'll be
fin
e.

Were you crossing the threshold @ 40 AGL and seconds from a landing?

I agree it's not such a big deal at altitude. *Personally, I want to
avoid leaning over to grab the bar at the moment I mentioned above.

Thursday afternoon, I landed in a varying 45 to 60 degree crosswind

15
gusting to 27. *With my luck, that would be the day I drop the bar.