Old February 11th 12, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

Default Duo NV lands on Heavenly Ski Resort. Not kidding...

Quite simply, the sequence of events that led to the off field landing was
not connected to the BFR. *That said, I can guarantee that I learned a heck
of a lot on that flight and I'm looking forward to sharing!

Yeah. *I passed.

I have always believed that Rule #1 is to put the ship down in the
best location available and deal with the consequences later. I have
landed at Reno International without radio contact with the tower and
about a year later I plunked it down on the ramp at Edwards AFB
without radio contact with the tower......(seems to be trend here)!
Then there was the landing at a Nevada Cat-House and a wheat field
that we managed to incinerate in west Texas!
My rule has served me well with no violations or legal action for
nearly 40 years now. Any landing where nobody got injured is a good
landing in my book!
Hang in there Jim,
JJ