Old March 20th 19, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default TOW PLANE Accident

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 7:54:52 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Someone died....sucks for the reason......truley......
I am out of "keeping a fine eye" on tow, but one comment I had was......."who the F makes a glider (mostly SGS-xx) that climbs on tow?

It may be different for heavier pilots than me, but with me solo in the 2-33, even with the ballast brick (can't fly without it), and of course with the trim full forward, I still need to push the stick forward on tow so hard that I use both hands. That is a situation that can turn tragic in a moment of distraction. Even with another person of my weight in the other seat it still requires a major stick-forward force.