Old March 20th 19, 12:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RR

Default TOW PLANE Accident

My takeaway from this mostly useful discussion is:

Low tow might provide an air "rumble strip" as the pilot is losing position, "wake him up" (pun intented) before he gets too far out of position.

I dont think these accidents are caused by a winch style rotation to the kite, but more a lack of attention that by the time it is detected, you are too far out of position (or control) to recover. A "stick shaker" at the very start of the event, might well prevent most of these accdents.

Well that and T8 is a cowboy, I have seen him in leather boots ;-)

RR