Old June 21st 10, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

wrote:
On Jun 21, 1:52Â*pm, wrote:
In rec.aviation.piloting wrote:

On Jun 21, 11:14Â*am, "JohnT" wrote:
"a" wrote in message

On Jun 21, 10:55 am, "JohnT" wrote:
"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

. ..

Hatunen writes:

Cessna makes or made (I don't recall the current structure of the
personal aircraft inudstry) some heavier aircraft than the 150s I
used to fly. Including some Jets (the Citation line).

Yes. I fly a Citation X on my trusty sim all the time. But flying jets
is
expensive, and one need not do so for a CPL. Indeed, it might well be
the
other way around: CPL, then jets.

Playing a computer game doesn't make you an expert.
--
JohnT

Perhaps not, John, but I expect the reality is few people flying real
jets in the civilian world are holding only private licenses with the
appropriate type rating.

Now here is a question that really displays my ignorance: what
certificates do military pilots hold? Are those certificates issued by
the FAA?

The RAF.
--
JohnT- Hide quoted text -

Is it the RAF or FAA?

http://forms.faa.gov/forms/faa8710-1a.pdf

See block B

That's to get your military training recognized by the FAA for a civilian
certificate.

So to expand on A's question, without that recognition, can the
military pilot fly a C152 for civilian purposes or do are they
required to complete the above form and get a FAA certificate issued
by the FAA to fly in the patch?

Would seem then the original question that A asked

Military aircraft are operated based on military "certificates".

Civilian aircraft are operated based on FAA certificates.

If a C152 has a N number, the pilot has to have a FAA certificate.

If a C152 has a USAF tail number, the pilot has to have a USAF "certificate".

"Now here is a question that really displays my ignorance: what
certificates do military pilots hold? Are those certificates issued by
the FAA?"

I would have answered this question that it would be potentially FAA
issued certificate provided the military person complete the 8710?

All military "certificates" to operate military equipment are independent
of any civilian requirements to operate such equipment.

All civilian "certificates" to operate civilian equipment are independent
of any military requirements to operate such equipment.

It doesn't matter whether that equipment is an airplane, motor vehicle,
radio transmitter, or anything else that requires some sort of official
authorization to operate.

The form in question only provides a method for a military trained person
to satisfy the training requirements to apply for a civilian certificate.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.