Old September 17th 04, 09:22 PM
Pooh Bear

Kevin Brooks wrote:

"m pautz" wrote in message
news:EdD2d.65358$D%.13394@attbi_s51...

Now, Airbus is comming out with the 380, a full length double decker.
Boeing decided not to extend its 747 top the full length. Let's hope that
Boeing made the right decision.

From what I have read, Boeing is banking on the 7E7 being a more valuable
commodity than "supersized" air transports, and if you look at the extreme
number of current hub-feeder and smaller hub-to-hub aircraft out there that
are going to need replacement in the not-too-distant future, they may well
have made the better choice. Lots of DC-9's, older 737's, A319's, A320's,
etc., are going to be coming due for replacement in the next few years, and
with fuel economy being a growing concern in terms of meeting the bottom
line requirements, the 7E7 family will be well positioned to take a goodly
share of that market.

The 7E7 is a rather larger capacity a/c than those you mention. Hardly a
likely
replacement on a like for like basis.

Airbus may find itself in the unenviable position of
having a lock on the market for supers, but being a step behind in terms of
the larger share of the market that wants to recapitalize its smaller
airframe fleets.

Airbus doesn't seem to be short of actual orders.

http://www.airbus.com/media/orders_n_deliveries.asp A320 family is
doing esp
well.

Last I heard, Boeing had no actual orders for 7E7.

Graham