Old November 11th 04, 03:32 PM
Ed Baker

Default Adventure Air Amphibian accident

A close friend of mine died in an Adventure Air amphibian crash at
North Central airport in RI. The accident date was Oct 29, 2004.

After spending close to 11 years building it, he perished on his third
flight in just over a week of testing it.

Myself, and many others, in my local EAA chapter 701 believe that it
looks like the engine pylon and nacelle disrupted the airflow over the
tail on his base to final turn. This caused an EXTREME pitch over
event that could not be recovered from at his altitude.

I know the Adventure Air has a spotty accident rate. A famous, in
flight breakup, at Oshkosh as a prime example.

Does anyone know how many Adventure Air planes were completed?
Does anyone know of other accidents concerning this plane?